Deadline: 6 July 2016.
Open to: Master and PhD students in the following areas related to the Eurasian region can apply for Summer School program.
What Areas Students Can Apply For?
- International Relations
- Political Science
Venue: Almaty and Astana, Kazakhstan.
Summer school will be held in Almaty and Astana, Kazakhstan. Lessons will be given in the Eurasian Research Institute in Almaty. Visits to various institutions that shape Kazakhstan’s internal and foreign policy and the introduction/information meetings will be held in Astana.
Between the dates of 19 September 2016 and 26 September 2016 in Almaty, Kazakhstan the Eurasian Research Institute is planning to hold «Eurasian Summer School in Kazakhstan» for master and doctoral students who study in Turkey and different parts of the world in the field of Central Asia and Eurasia. The courses will be delivered in Russian, English and Turkish, translation facilities are available during summer school. Students who successfully complete the summer school will be able to increase knowledge and experience in their specialist fields, develop scientific thinking skills during research activities, reach local and foreign sources, learn at first-hand by visiting some public institutions that show the direction of Kazakhstan’s foreign and domestic policy. The summer school program participants are expected to achieve the following objectives as a result of technical and physical conditions and corporate experience provided by the Eurasian Research Institute.
- To discuss key issues related to the economy, politics and foreign policy of Eurasia, identify common problems and seek common solutions to these problems;
- To provide academics candidates working on Central Asia and Eurasia with the opportunity to gain experience by visiting the region and ensure access to primary sources;
- To bring together young researchers working on economy, politics and foreign policy issues of Eurasian region and ensure the internationalization of the academic world;
- To provide an opportunity to issue better quality data and qualified publications in the studies of Eurasia in Turkey;
- To encourage studies on the region by creating awareness and exchange views on possible joint projects;
- To acquaint participants with the summer school institutions operating in the field of foreign policy of Kazakhstan.
Summer school does not charge any fees. Hotel and transport costs related to summer school, as well as food costs will be covered.
Summer School candidates need to fill in completely an application form via this website.The applications via e-mail and mail will certainly not be taken into account. The application deadline is 6 July 2016.